Saturday, December 17, 2005

No more school, no more books.....

Finals are finally over!!!! I managed to swing 2 A's and 2 B's this semester. I was one of only two people to pass the final in our Body Structure class. (Yes, just another name for Anatomy and Physiology). My brain is totally fried, and now I'm wondering what I'm going to do with all the free time I have until January 6th.

Grandbaby is now 4 whole months old - I can't believe it!! She's gotten so big and is now laughing at everything, eating baby food (which she loves), grabbing stuff, and just generally being too cute.

My younger girls are driving me absolutely nuts. This morning they both were complaining how sick they were - sore throats, stomach aches, nausea, headaches. I just looked at them as I was gathering up my stuff for work and said, "It's Saturday." Moments later they were both dressed and planning an entire day of frolic. Mean mother that I am, I told them that since they were recovered from whatever it was, they could clean their room. I left for work shortly after that. The mystery ailment must have befallen them again though, because when I got home, the room was still a mess. My mom doesn't make them do anything around the house, so whenever she babysits nothing gets done. Heck, I'm lucky if it's not 100 times worse when I get home.

On the knitting front, I did manage to finish the pink sweater for daughter #3, and am now working on a blue one for daughter #2. Oldest daughter is making up the sweater, as she prefers her seaming to mine. Her sister may have outgrown it by the time she's finished, but it's out of my hands (and more importantly, off of my needles.)

I am determined that after this blue sweater I am making something FOR ME. I don't know what yet - it may just be a pair of socks, or a hat. But I have ceased taking requests for things. I've been actively knitting again for over 3 years, and I have yet to make one article I can claim as my own. Yes, I have made scarves, but they have all been claimed by my children and subsequently lost. I am now knitting another alien scarf, not because I love it so much (which I do) but because I was trying to explain illusion knitting to a girl at school, had the SnB book in my bag, and so we made a run to Wal-Mart for yarn. She since dropped out of school, don't know how her scarf turned out, but I left mine in my bookbag to work on between classes. I am now on alien #4 of the 6 called for in the pattern. And I have a feeling that once this one is finished my oldest daughter's boyfriend will be claiming it, as he has eyed it hungrily every time I've had to pull it out to stuff more books in. The original alien scarf was lost on the playground of our elementary school last year.

No comments: