Friday, September 03, 2004

A day at the Lake

Yes, the lake is still in my hall. I called from work today and was told that the plumber was here. He wasn't. Of course they are closed until Tuesday because of Labor Day. At least the lawyer I went to see has sent them a letter stating that I won't be paying rent until it's fixed. He is also going to try to get the rent for the past three months refunded, since I've had this problem this long. Yay! I'd settle for the next three months free, but apparently that's not how it works. I just wish this guy did family law, maybe then I could get child support. Oh, well.

Work wasn't bad today, our census is way down and I had a normal patient load today. We lost the contract for the military insurance, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it, or if everyone in the region has delivered already. We will still get those babies in our NICU, since we are the regional neonatal unit. But if the Tri-Care people get too ticked off, they may just send their NICU babies to Vanderbilt or Children's in Birmingham.

They put pictures of some of our NICU graduates up in the hall leading to the unit today. We were all in the halls looking at them. It's so hard to believe that some of those kids are "our" babies. They look so healthy. Yet they were all so sick, so tiny. Working in NICU makes you believe in miracles. There are pictures of babies on oxygen and with feeding tubes too. The parents were more interested in these. Personally, I like the pictures of the graduates better. If my kid were in there, I'd want something to look at that would give me hope that everything would be OK.

Not much knitting going on. I've been sick the past couple of days so my house is a disaster. I have started reading Lord of the Rings again. My best friend is really into it, and I'm actually enjoying it. Maybe after I finish all this Hogwarts stuff I'll make an eleven cloak. In the movie they kind of look knitted, I'll have to borrow the movies from her and see. Maybe when I get over knitting all this gray.

And a final note.... Even though I'm a Republican, and even though I voted against him twice, my prayers are with the Clintons as Bill goes through surgery.

No comments: