Saturday, August 14, 2004

Caught by the Neck

I'm supposed to be cleaning my house, but decided to knit instead. I'm making a Hogwarts Uniform for one of my kids, and was knitting up my favorite vest pattern. I made the house color stripes above the ribbibg at the bottom, and just finished to the point where the neck edge needs finishing. And I realized that I usually just do a ribbed neck, but this time I want to put the house colors along the neck edge too, and I DON'T want ribbing. So I need a different neck edge. And I can't figure out what to do.

I've been knitting since I was a teenager, though mostly I stuck to baby blankets and scarves. I taught myself to knit, though didn't do it very much. Then my oldest daughter decided she wanted to learn, and she took off with it, and got me hooked. So now I knit whenever I can, and I'm OK at it, though nowhere near as good as my daughter.

Well, younger kids are having a fit.....

No comments: