Saturday, August 14, 2004

Giving Up...


Posted by Hello

On the tie. I'm going to have to buy a tie. I figured that if I were to knit it, It would look weird, and my daughter would have not only the scarf around her neck, and the vest and robe, but also the tie. And she'd pull it off and lose it. So I decided to just try and find some kind of burgundy and gold tie in the local thrift shops or Wal-Mart. Now I'm back to thinking about the neck for the vest. I may say screw it and just make it gray with ribbing. I made the Prisoner of Azkaban Scarf, and since the sweater in that movie doesn't have the house colors at the neck, I may forgo it on the vest.

And why, you may ask, am I making a vest and not a sweater? Because October in Alabama is notoriously warm. Although we have been rather cool this week, highs in the low to mid 70's, this isn't typical weather for us. We usually don't really start to cool down until mid-November. Some years it's freezing on Halloween though, so I bought her shirt, and am making her vest, a size too large so I can fit layers underneath if I have to.

As for the rest of the uniform, I have the robe and skirt patterns, which will take no time. Then, when I am done with her costume, I will begin on the one for my youngest daughter, who wants to be a fairy princess this year. All her costume will entail is letting the hem out of her princess dress from last year, buying a pair of fairy wings, and spray-painting some sparkly stuff on her old dress shoes. So an afternoon, max.

And after all that is done, I'm going to finish the sweater I started last spring. I'm done with most of it, just about 1/3 done with the Celtic knot design I'm working on the left sleeve, then have to block, sew, and wear. I already finished the neck on that one.

No comments: