Thursday, August 19, 2004

So far, so good.

Still have power, but I'm holding my breath that it will still be on when I get home from work. Oh, well, tomorrow is payday, and I can have it turned back on then. OR pay my rent so I don't get evicted. Tough choice.

Yesterday I applied for Foodstamps. What a humiliating experience. I absolutely hate having to ask for help, and apply to be on the public dole, but without my financial aid for school I have to do something or we won't eat.

On the knitting from, I can't find the chart for the pattern on the arm of Celtic Knot sweater, so I decided to go ahead and knit my daughter some kneesocks to go along with her Halloween costume. I'm using a pattern my grandmother used to make socks from, I have it in my scrapbook with pictures of her knitting and crocheting. This is the first time I've used this pattern, or even made socks at all, so I'm a little curious to see how it all turns out.

Off to work now, may be back later today, or not.

No comments: