Saturday, August 14, 2004

Olympic Thoughts

Been spending the afternoon cleaning, refereeing fights between my kids, and watching the Olympics. I'm not really a sports fan, but I always watch the Olympics. Though I really don't think that some of these events really qualify as sports. Like Synchronized diving. Is this really a sport? Why would you WANT to do synchronized diving? Yet I spent an hour or so watching it while I folded laundry, and apparently there are people in lots of countries who do it. Weird.

Now the news is on and the kiddos are in the tub, so I have a few precious minutes to myself. I just blocked the vest pieces, and still haven't decided what to do about the neck edge. At least I have until it's dry to think about it, during which time I'll be knitting a Gryffindor tie. Basically, I'm just knitting a really thin maroon scarf with diagonal yellow stripes, but when my daughter wears it under her vest you really won't be able to tell it isn't a real tie. I'm thinking I'll go ahead and do in seed stitch to keep it from rolling, though it will be textured more than I'd like, I don't want to have to do it in a tube or sew the sides together. I really wish I could afford to shop at Allivan's and get the real deal. *sigh*


No comments: